The Delorme USB GPS Receiver with Street Atlas USA gives any usb-connect device, including laptops, desktops, and most tablets navigation or mapping capability. Al the tools you need for worry-free navigation are included, including voice-guided navigation provides directions and answers your questions (Where am I, How far, etc.), Back-on-Track re-routes you when you hit detours or take unplanned side trips, and GPS Radar that locates upcoming attractions or travel services.
NavMode displays your route in either 2-D or 3-D; and the E-Z Nav Wizard enables on-the-go routing to all kinds of destinations.
Delorme USB GPS Receiver with Street Atlas USA
- Map Controls: The maps can be controlled using a variety of methods, including the traditional push-button zooming, which drills in/out while keeping the map exactly centered
- Find: DeLorme employs several powerful search capabilities within the software. The first is a simple box called QuickSearch where you type common requests including towns, cities, lat/lons, ZIP codes, street addresses, colleges and many more to receive the quickest possible matches
- Draw: Add MapNotes; draw your own circles, polygons and squares; measure the area of your draw objects – even draw in your own roads and route on them – these are amazingly powerful draw tools for the money
- Info: Right-click on the map to learn more about what’s underneath your cursor. Lat/Lon, names of streets and bodies of water – even local radio station information – can be viewed in this manner
- Voice: Voice capability lets you issue routing and GPS commands while tracking. Hear alerts for upcoming turns, including the time to turn, time to finish and name of the street onto which you’ll turn
- NetLink and Aerial Imagery: NetLink is your online link to DeLorme for aerial imagery. Select your areas of interest and download only those grids to the software. Toggle the imagery on and off in a single-screen view. Add notes and draw objects to the imagery to customize lifelike views from space
- E-Z Nav Wizard: The E-Z Nav wizard makes on-the-go searching and routing a breeze. Just search on any category, choose your destination (retailer, hospital, gas station, friend’s address, etc) and start real-time navigation with your GPS. Great for daily and overall trip planning, too
- NavMode: NavMode brings together all the primary GPS controls and readouts needed when using the GPS. Large-screen views make it easy to see the map and directions. You can switch between 2-D (standard) map view and 3-D perspective view for lifelike views
- Keyboard Shortcuts: Set your own keyboard shortcut preferences for optimum control when using GPS. The key-bindings function is very powerful and advanced so you can design your ideal in-vehicle navigation solution to your personal specifications
- Right-Click Routing: The easiest way for many to create and alter routes is to use the right-click feature. Select the route on your map and add new stops or vias, delete the route, all by simply right-clicking the object of interest
- GPS Radar Search: Now you can travel with GPS and have the software find upcoming travel services based on their location from you. Find gas, hotels, shopping and much more in your direction of travel and then easily make detours to these desired stops along the way
- Automatic Back-on-Track GPS: Using the Earthmate GPS LT-40, which turns a laptop PC into a powerful GPS navigator, it’s possible to have the software offer new spoken and visual directions when you stray off course
- GPS Spoken Directions: The software can offer voice directions indicating upcoming turns and street names. It also can be set up to respond to your voice and answer common travel questions – a very powerful capability for mapping software within this price category