*** Please, PLEASE read the entire product page in full before purchasing in U.S. / Canadian markets ONLY ***
This heavy duty winch plate allows you to securely fasten a winch to your Ford Ranger T6's chassis, behind the original bumper with only a small amount of trimming of the OE bumper to allow for the fairlead to fit properly.
This easy to install plate supports most popular winch brands and sizes.
"To all North American Ranger Owners - A little history for those not familiar within the Ford Ranger line up fully, the "Ford Ranger" is a nameplate used on multiple vehicle platforms sold by Ford, and worldwide.
In North America, the Ranger is slotted below the F-150 in the Ford light truck range, serving as smallest pickup truck marketed by the company. In markets where the F-Series and Super Duty trucks are not marketed by Ford, the Ranger is typically the only Ford pickup truck offering.
In North America, the model line is currently in its fourth generation, derived from the third generation of the Ranger marketed worldwide since 2011. Initially developed by Ford Australia, the current Ford Ranger T6 is the first version sold as a mid-size pickup truck.
In 2011, the Ranger T6 was introduced; designed by Ford Australia, the T6 consolidated the American and Mazda-sourced Ranger into a single design (with Mazda deriving the redesigned BT-50 from it). The first mid-size Ranger, the T6 is marketed worldwide (though excluded from sale from the United States and Canada by Ford from 2011 to 2019)."
Why is all this important?
We reach and serve some international marketing PMA's which has allowed us to be able to move some parts around and at the same time when some parts may crossover; In this case the Ford Ranger T6 DC Drawer Kit - by Front Runner and the alternative Ford Ranger T6 DC Wolf Pack Drawer Kit - by Front Runner we can offer those in our own primary marketing area to potential customers.
49 CFR Part 581, the Department of Transportation's bumper standard, defines as:
§ 581.5 - Requirements.
(a) Each vehicle shall meet the damage criteria of §§ 581.5(c)(1) through 581.5(c)(9) when impacted by a pendulum-type test device in accordance with the procedures of § 581.7(b), under the conditions of § 581.6, at an impact speed of 1.5 m.p.h., and when impacted by a pendulum-type test device in accordance with the procedures of § 581.7(a) at 2.5 m.p.h., followed by an impact into a fixed collision barrier that is perpendicular to the line of travel of the vehicle, while traveling longitudinally forward, then longitudinally rearward, under the conditions of § 581.6, at 2.5 m.p.h.
(c) Protective criteria.
- Each lamp or reflective device except license plate lamps shall be free of cracks and shall comply with applicable visibility requirements of S18.104.22.168 of Standard No. 108 (§ 571.108 of this chapter). The aim of each headlamp installed on the vehicle shall be adjustable to within the beam aim inspection limits specified in Table 1 of SAE Recommended Practice J599 AUG97, measured with the aiming method appropriate for that headlamp.
- The vehicle's hood, trunk, and doors shall operate in the normal manner.
- The vehicle's fuel and cooling systems shall have no leaks or constricted fluid passages and all sealing devices and caps shall operate in the normal manner.
- The vehicle's exhaust system shall have no leaks or constrictions.
- The vehicle's propulsion, suspension, steering, and braking systems shall remain in adjustment and shall operate in the normal manner.
- A pressure vessel used to absorb impact energy in an exterior protection system by the accumulation of gas pressure or hydraulic pressure shall not suffer loss of gas or fluid accompanied by separation of fragments from the vessel.
- The vehicle shall not touch the test device, except on the impact ridge shown in Figures 1 and 2, with a force that exceeds 2000 pounds on the combined surfaces of Planes A and B of the test device.
- The exterior surfaces shall have no separations of surface materials, paint, polymeric coatings, or other covering materials from the surface to which they are bonded, and no permanent deviations from their original contours 30 minutes after completion of each pendulum and barrier impact, except where such damage occurs to the bumper face bar and the components and associated fasteners that directly attach the bumper face bar to the chassis frame.
- Except as provided in § 581.5(c)(8), there shall be no breakage or release of fasteners or joints.
With this 5MPH bumper law in place, the US Spec'd Ranger has a different "frame horn" that faces forward for a different type of bumper system that is only found in North America.. the 5MPH Bumper System. It is this that makes the above winch plate incompatable with the U.S. Spec'd Ranger.
We have been in good communication with the original Manufacturer in raising awareness of the potential market place here in the States to develop and bring to light a North American Spec'd unit. As of 02/15/21 much of this has been put on hold as we are days away from celebrating the 1 year anniversary of -- "14 days to flatten the curve of Covid-19".
At this time, all of ours and your wishes to see this come to fruition in the U.S. market have been expressed to the heads of engineering in product develpoment which are located in South Africa.
Should you have any further questions, we suggest subscribing to us and let us know what year ranger you have or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
We do apologize for the inconvience but we are doing what we can to make your wishes heard.
Ford Ranger T6 Winch Plate - by Front Runner
- Ford Ranger T6 (2012-2018)
- Ford Ranger T6 (2019-2021)
NOTE: The T6 Ranger is not a U.S. / Candian Spec'd Ranger for this unit. Please see full description for more information.