The MMS Series Inverter / Charger is a pure sine wave inverter providing a cost effective solution for those with smaller power needs in mobile applications. Versatile, easy-to-use, and lightweight, the MMS Series provides a reliable base for your energy system. The integrated charger automatically switches to battery charging mode when connected to an external 120v power source, providing 50 amps to the vehicle batteries while passing 12v power through the inverter allowing normal operation of 120v plugs fed from the unit.
The MMS model has a 1000-watt inverter/charger with 20 amp AC transfer capability and a 50 amp, 4-stage Power Factor Correction (PFC) charger. Features isolated input/output neutrals for mobile applications and a 15’ battery temperature sensor.
The difference between the MMS-1012 and the MMS 1012G is in the wiring. With the MMS-1012, the AC input and output are provided with pigtail wires to allow hardwiring to a main AC distribution panel and to an inverter sub-panel.
The MMS-1012-G's AC input is provided by a standard 3 ft. plug-in power cord, and the AC output is provided by a standard GFCI two plug outlet.
Based on the popular ME and MS Series inverters, the MMS is smaller, lighter and less expensive while retaining all the built in protection and reliability of ME and MS models. The MMS charger uses a PFC (Power Factor Corrected) charger, which is 85% efficient and the same charger topology used in all Magnum models. The MMS Series is also ETL Listed to the stringent requirements of UL/cUL 458, CSA C22.2 #107.1-01 and meets the KKK-A-822E standard.
Power Factor Corrected (PFC) Charger: Our PFC charger is built into all of our inverter/chargers. It uses less energy from a generator than a standard charger – using 25-30% less AC current than standard chargers.
The MMS1012 allows external 120v plugs to wired remotely, giving you remote mounting flexibility.
REQUIRED FOR INSTALLATION.
You will need one 100 amp-rated breaker or fuse (with holder) when installing this component. Circuit breaker is the preferred method of installation.
Magnum Dimensions 1000W Pure Sine Inverter with 50 amp Charger (MMS1012)
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 16.6 × 8.4 × 4.7 inches
- Weight: 20 lbs
- Pure Sinewave
- 1000 watts continuous at 25°C.
- Numerous protection features to provide a safe and peace-of-mind operation.
- AC transfer switch circuitry allows incoming AC power to continue to pass-thru to power loads even if the inverter is off.
- Dead battery charging for batteries that are extremely low.
- Automatic 4-stage battery charger with power factor correction and temperature compensation – for optimum battery charging (using the temperature sensor).
- Modern and aesthetically pleasing design with large AC wiring compartment (provides easy access to AC wiring for simple and quick connections) and 360° DC connection terminals with color coded insulating covers.
- True RMS output voltage regulation to ensure the inverter will deliver the correct amount of power – within the DC input voltage range and the continuous output power level.
- Quick connection accessory and remote ports – easily accept several optional remote controls and the Battery Temperature Sensor.