The Tarpon is a perfectly balanced performance sit-on-top kayak that was designed to handle a variety of paddling environments.
The revered Tarpon was engineered with a unique hull flare that allows for unparalleled stability and tracking while still maintaining speed and responsive handling.
The ergonomically designed Phase 3® AirPro seating system offers quick and easy back and leg support, making the Tarpon the most comfortable sit-on-top kayak on the market.
Please Note: Seat fabric/trim on Wilderness Systems recreational and light touring kayaks will be updated during the 2020 model year. The functionality of the seat remains unchanged, but the seat may look different than the photo on this page.
*Colors may vary slightly from those shown as each kayak that we produce is unique. Variations in color are not covered by warranty.
Additionally, bungee cord colors and other fittings are periodically updated and may vary from what is pictured. You can purchase bungee cords (sold separately) in a variety of colors if you wish to customize the look of your boat.
- Rudder capable to help steer in winds or currents. (rudder sold separately)
- Self-Bailing Tankwell w/ Bungee - Large storage area accommodates a wide variety of equipment. Scuppers keep water clear of your gear.
- Phase 3® AirPro Seat - The most comfortable kayak seat out there. Fully adjustable. Mesh fabric covers honeycomb-vented, ergonomic 3D foam allowing for greater airflow to keep you cool while supporting the lower back.
- Ergonomic handles make lifting and carrying more comfortable. The paddle holder to keep your paddle attached to your boat when not in use.
- Gear storage pockets keep smaller gear close by for easy access.
- Easily add and remove accessories to your boat without the need to drill holes. Quickly reconfigure accessories based on conditions and the gear needed.
- Molded-in cup holder keeps your favorite beverages from spilling.
- Large, padded foot rests for support and comfort. Easy to adjust locking lever to accommodate paddlers of different heights.
- Self bailing scuppers allow water that may enter the seating area to drain freely.
- Dry storage hatches keep your gear safe and dry.
- Ergonomic handles make carrying more comfortable.
Length 14’ - 427 cm Beam 28’’ - 71 cm Depth 14.5’’ - 37 cm Cockpit open Weight 68 lb - 31 kg Max. Capacity 375 lb - 170 kg Seating 1 Hull material RAM-X PREMIUM Hull type
MULTI-CHINE FLAT BOTTOM HULL