We updated the perfect fire starting tool for carry in a ferro-loop on a knife sheath. The ferrocerium rod is replaceable so you won't need to discard this tool when the rod is worn out.
The fireROD™ is simple in design and offers plenty of storage for tinder or water purification tablets.
We met the Habilis crew at the 2011 Blade Show and immediately hit it off. We loved their idea and they loved our gear so much so that we've teamed up to bring you the fireROD™: an Exotac version of their Habilis Evolution Fire Tool
- Designed for Bushcrafting - The fireROD™ is designed to be carried in a ferro loop on a knife sheath.
- Your Knife is your Striker - Use the spine of your knife to strike the fireROD™. Many bushcrafting knives do not round over the edges of the spine leaving them sharp for use as a striking tool.
- Tinder Capsule - Remove the top cap to reveal a small compartment that holds two quickLIGHT™ tabs (included) or tinder of your choice.
- 5/16" Ferrocerium Rod - The included Ferro rod is not only waterproof but replaceable as well. Simply unthread it from the body of the fireROD™ and thread in a replacement rod.
- Anodized Aluminum Body - The fireROD™ is CNC machined, in house from USA high-grade 6061 aluminum then anodized for protection in one of four signature Exotac® colors.