Our biggest firestarter ever, the fireROD XL™ is the bigger brother to the fireROD™ and has been brought to life by popular demand!
Not only is it larger, but it also includes repair tape which can also be burned to aid in starting a fire.
The fireROD™ series was created to be the perfect fire starting tool for carry in a ferro-loop on a knife sheath. The design is simple, highly-reliable and offers plenty of storage for tinder or water purification tablets.
The ferrocerium rod is replaceable so you won't need to discard this tool when the rod is worn out.
- Designed for Bushcrafting - The fireROD XL™ is designed to be carried in a ferro loop on a knife sheath.
- Your Knife is your Striker - Use the spine of your knife to strike the fireROD™. Many bushcrafting knives do not round over the edges of the spine leaving them sharp for use as a striking tool.
- Tinder Storage - Remove the top cap to reveal a small compartment that holds two quickLIGHT™ tabs (included) or tinder of your choice.
- Heavy Duty Repair Tape - The approx. 12in. (4.7cm) of repair tape can be used for patching holes, as an improvised bandage, creating bush-crafting tools or even as tinder (yes it's flammable!)
- 1/2" Ferrocerium Rod - The included Ferro rod is not only waterproof but replaceable as well. Simply unthread it from the body of the fireROD XL™ and thread in a replacement rod.
- Anodized Aluminum Body - The fireROD™ is CNC machined, in house from USA high-grade 6061 aluminum then anodized for protection in one of four signature Exotac® colors.